Optical Fibre Network Services was set up in November 2005 by Celestino (Charlie) Marenghi, who has put his 25 years plus of knowledge and experience in the Communications and Electrical Industry to build a specialised implementation company with the nationwide resources to offer full, impartial and comprehensive technical support. The Company ethos is to provide expertise wherever and whenever it is required and to ensure quality at all times and it now provides a broad range of installation services that adapt to meet the needs of any project. By delivering a complete service, OFNS’s proactive friendly approach to business and specialised knowledge helps us to exceed our customer’s expectations.
Over the last six years, OFNS has established itself as one of the UK’s leading expert installation service providers commissioning hundreds of ANPR and CCTV cameras, and also implementing the communications infrastructures, including the fibre and wireless networks, necessary to support the projects. We have provided full turn-key solutions to many of the UK Police Forces, along with Central Government Agencies, Local Authorities and private sector organisations alike.
Our expertise in ANPR and CCTV as well as Electrical and Civil Engineering is reinforced by our commitment to building stable, long lasting relationships with skilled supply chain partners, ensuring that we can always provide the flexibility, expertise, reliability and quality that you demand. We supply the project management, labour, plant and materials on all our projects, enabling us to provide our clients with an economical approach to each and every installation.
- All our Cameras are installed by fully trained and accredited operatives and are fully NSI/NACOSS Gold approved.
- All our fibre, copper and coax cable is installed, jointed and tested and by fully trained operatives.
- All civils infrastructures are installed to full NRSWA standard with Full Health Safety / chapter 8.
- Our Full Project Management Service means that the client can relax in the full knowledge that OFNS will carry out the work to gain permissions to install in whatever area they may request.
- We will liaise fully with the local Authority to gain a Section 50 Licence ( to install on the highway) and for any other issues that are deemed relevant
- We will also liaise with the Highways Agency for Approval in Principal (AIPs Category 1) and Check design (category 0), book road space and provide full Traffic Management where required
- OFNS will liaise with street lighting or the local energy supplier to provide power as well as assisting with unmetered supply agreements.
- The requirement under NRSWA to inform all the relevant local Service Providers with notice of the works is undertaken by our administrative department prior to any works taking place
Aims & Values
Our mission is to provide the best possible service to our clients, where our success will continue to be built upon quality and value. Neither will there be a departure from OFNS’ willingness to be pro-active in client and consultant liaison, ensuring the precise needs of its clients are understood and delivered via a comprehensive collection of professional services.
- We value our people, customers and suppliers
- We take pride in what we do
- We have respect for the community and environment
- We believe in openness and honesty